Monday, January 25, 2016

Day 1 of 30 in the Paleo Challenge

Hello everyone!!! It's Monday! And I'm very glad it is! Scary, right? Anyway, it's so much easier for me to stay on track during the week for my clean eating. My meals are all planned out and I'm not constantly around the temptation of food like I am at home or at family or friends houses. Self control is a big issue sometimes.

This weekend I kind of slipped a little bit, okay maybe more than a little bit. But I was hungry and wasn't drinking my water. It's amazing how something as simple as not drinking water can throw you off that much. I mean don't get me wrong, I know things happen, but I need to stay on track. Never quit. This time I've got this for sure I mean I'm down almost 10 pounds in the past month, I've been staying very good as far as clean eating goes, and I've been drinking water instead of soda. So it's a step in the right direction.

I had a yummy snack over the weekend that I ate twice in one day because it was just that good and I was seriously craving something sweet before I ate my own foot or something. It was a sliced gala apple with peanut butter, oats, and chocolate chips on it YUM.


I didn't work out at all this weekend either. Which was another problem. But I worked out 5 days last week, so I needed a couple of cool down days in between.


Now, that wedding I told you about that I'm the Maid of Honor in in January, well it got moved up to April 9th. So 2 1/2 months away...And I have my size 9 dress that I have to try to fit into in 2 1/2 months. Yes, I know. Yikes!!!!!! So I'm doing the 30 Day Paleo Challenge starting today. So far I've already had my breakfast:


That is 2 scrambled eggs, a cup of baby spinach, and half of a roma tomato. My lunch, I kind of cheated and had my last burrito that I made. But the only thing in there that was bad for this challenge was the tortilla, and I think I'll be okay.

My morning snack today was 1 mini Larabar - Apple pie, and my afternoon snack was another mini Larabar - Cherry Pie!


Delicious!

And for dinner tonight I'm having 5 oz of chicken with 1/2 a white onion caramelized, and another cup of baby spinach. All while drinking plenty of water throughout the day.

I took my day 1 of my Paleo Challenge Pictures this morning. I am still posting my progress pictures next Monday also! One week from today! In 4 days it will mark my one month into my journey!

I'm really hoping that the Paleo Challenge will definitely get my waist quite a bit smaller in the next 30 days so that I can fit into my dress by April. If I make significant progress in these 30 days, and I get very close to my goal of dropping 2 1/2 dress sizes by April 9, I will continue this diet until I reach my final goal of 125 lbs. I have to stay very dedicated to this, and I will. I'm just glad nobody's birthday is coming up soon. Valentines day is, but I haven't been eating sweets anyway. So I should be okay.




My workout today was Jillian Michaels Six Week Six Pack. Holy crap was that intense. I felt like I was going to die. That's probably the point, but still. Apparently I haven't been pushing myself hard enough with my workouts, because they say they get easier, but it's been a month and so far they are still hard!


Tomorrow I get to wake up and do it all over again. This challenge is really going to test my "One Day at a Time" theory. I just have to keep telling myself that every single day. Just one more day, just one more day, just one more day.

I can do this. It's not so bad. I mean it's only 30 days. I am almost done with the first day, so 29 1/4 more days to go.

I hear after 30 days it's not so bad anymore and it becomes easier. So I'm going to test that theory and see if it works. I have tried and failed doing this challenge before, so that's another reason why I'm so nervous.

If you are determined to succeed as much as you're determined to breathe, that's where you win. That's when it happens. Every day there are little changes. One measly little day. Yesterday went by whether you wanted it to or not, and 6 months from now will come whether you want it to or not.

You might as well make the most of the next 6 months and see how far you can go, and see how close to your goal you can become. I'm hoping that I reach my goal within that time if I keep up with my Paleo diet that I am going to be on for at least the next month.

My challenge is up on February 24th.

Feel free to join me in doing this and we'll see how far we go and keep track of each others progress throughout the challenge.

Who's with me??

Tomorrow is leg and butt and yoga day!

It's going to be a great time!

LET'S DO THIS!!!


Comments or questions or concerns???

Leave em for me!

-Beka-

No comments:

Post a Comment