Friday, January 22, 2016

TGIF!!! It's WEIGH DAY!!

Hey everyone!!! It's FRIDAY!!! Omg I'm so excited that it's Friday! Do you have any big plans for the weekend?? I do! I'm going out to Blair to take Reilynn to see her grandparents and cousin, and we're going to attempt to make the cutest little Converse for her!


Aren't they just the CUTEST?! Anyway...down to business! I am very happy to announce that the scale keeps moving down! My weight today?? (drum roll please....) 171!!! That's 9 pounds down since December 29th! You would not believe how shocked I was to see the scale at that weight this morning. (I got off and stepped back on the scale 6 times) It stayed the same every time I stepped back on that scale. I almost cried.

I'm going to get serious here for a minute...

 I had a break down moment the other day when I looked at myself in the mirror before my shower. I hate how I look. I didn't feel like anything was happening. I saw the cellulite. I saw the rolls, and the double chin, and I saw everything that's not as perky or lifted as it should be. I texted Reilynn's dad saying that I was confused and how I can't see a difference at all after I've been doing everything RIGHT! I have been drinking only water, hot tea, and almond milk; I've been eating clean and going to bed on time and getting plenty of sleep; I've been taking a daily vitamin and exercising, but I couldn't see it in my reflection looking back at me. He assured me that I am doing just fine, but it just wasn't enough for me. I need to see it happening.

But it was in that moment I really made my decision. I can either quit and give up, or I could keep going. Why quit? I asked myself. It would only set me back. If I keep going, it can only benefit me. I can only get better. I CAN do this, and I will. It's going to take time. I didn't gain the weight all in one day, and I'm certainly not going to lose it all in one day, but if I quit and give up, there will be no chance of me losing it at all.


I am human. I make mistakes. I fumble and I fall down. But I will pick myself back up and keep going, because I am finally determined to be healthy. In 6 months I will be so far and I will look back on myself now and be so happy I didn't quit. I'm trying my hardest to stay positive and be a great example and positive role model for everyone, especially my kids. Reilynn is too young to know what's going on, but Sunnie isn't. I don't think either of them will ever have the ability to get fat, but still, it's more about the concept of not giving up and finishing something I started. I have little eyes watching me, and you might too.


We're in this together, remember?

Anyway, enough with the serious talk. 

Sunnie had a birthday party at Bounce U last night. It's basically a place where they have huge rooms full of blow up bouncy house type things. It's pretty cool, and he had fun. I was a good girl though and didn't have any of the soda, pizza, or cupcakes! I made a smoothie/shake in my blender bottle and took it with me! I put in a tbsp of chia seeds, a couple of spoonfuls of vanilla greek yogurt, the rest of my almond milk, (I think it was about 6 oz) a little bit of skim milk, about 1/4 cup oats, a mashed up banana, a tbsp of pure maple syrup, and about a tbsp and a half of unsweetened cocoa powder. Shake shake shake! Dinner!! It was just enough sweet to keep me sane last night and very filling. Super yummy.

Lunch of course was my chicken avocado burrito again. I had my hard boiled eggs on hand for a protein packed snack as well as an apple with my PB2 so I could have that for another snack too. 

My Larabars come in on Monday from Amazon, I get them with my Subscribe and Save. Amazon is the bees knees. I'm telling you. If you have $99 a year and money to save, get Amazon Prime. If I need something, I check Amazon first. That way I don't have to try to find time to get to the store with my super busy mom schedule and lug two kids around in the cold. It gets delivered right to your door in 2 days for Prime shipping. I get my diapers and wipes through there, also my laundry detergent and dishwashing detergent, Sunnie's vitamins, and my Larabars. 

Anyway, breakfast was a hardboiled egg and some granola. I'm trying to kind of switch it up every now and again lol today I had a hardboiled egg and my PB2 and 100% whole wheat swirl bread.

And of course I'm drinking my warm lemon water throughout the day, and taking my multivitamin too!


Tonight, Sara and I are doing Zumba!! I'm so excited and can't wait to do it for the first time. Going to the gym is great and I really do love going, but switching it up every now and again is okay too! We are going to start out doing our daily exercise for Friday, and then go right into Zumba and dance away 500 calories. It's a fun way to work out that doesn't require a machine to do it. I'm so ready for this. I wish I could take the rest of the day off of work to go work out. Is that weird? I hope not. Here is our 4 week workout circuit. 



I really have been enjoying working out a lot. It's becoming part of my regular routine. Things are beginning to become easier for me too. I don't get winded walking up the stairs to get to Sara's apartment anymore, I can go faster on the treadmill and elliptical and go further within the 30 minutes we're working out on there. It's helping me sleep better at night, it's putting me in a positive mood most of the time, and when I DO get frustrated, instead of wanting a cigarette, I've found myself wanting to go work it out at the gym.



I have lost 9 pounds and it hasn't even been a month yet. 9 POUNDS!!! One week from today and I will have hit my 1 month mark. 1 week and 3 days and I will post my 1 month progress pictures! I'm not really looking forward to that knowing how I look now. But I'm thinking there will be a difference between my starting pictures and now because of all the workouts I'm doing as well as the fact that I've lost almost 10 pounds already. The scale doesn't lie! haha 

I really didn't think it was possible to eat and lose weight. I really didn't. I thought losing weight meant you had to be hungry all the time. Well if you eat crappy food all day long, you don't get to constantly snack on good things so you are hungry all the time. That's where I was going very very wrong. I wasn't controlling portions and I was eating sugary stuff all day long. I didn't meal prep. I didn't realize healthy food can be delicious too! I enjoy doing all of this like I said a few days ago. 


You know what else is exciting? My mom noticed my weight loss. She and I aren't really close, but my dad mentioned the fact that my mom said something to him about it, yesterday at work. I was shocked, because I haven't even really noticed at all. So go me! haha



ANYWAY....I think I've taken up enough of your time for today.

Keep up the hard work everyone!!

Please feel free to comment and share. Ask any questions you might have. I'm open!

Until Monday!

-Beka-

No comments:

Post a Comment